Key benefits include:
Enterprise-scale ECM features combined with SAP Enterprise Portal features: While SAP Enterprise Portal consists of only basic enterprise content management capabilities, it also has a set of enhanced collaboration features such as subscriptions, comments, discussion forums, ratings and feedback. With IBM FileNet Application Connector for SAP Enterprise Portal, you can use this functionality with all content managed by IBM FileNet Content Manager.
Full text search for content stored in IBM FileNet repositories: You can use TREX (Text Retrieval and Information Extraction), the full text SAP search engine, to crawl IBM FileNet Content Manager repositories from SAP Enterprise Portal. This integration means that documents that are stored in
IBM FileNet can be viewed in the portal. Use the results for full-text searches of multiple repositories and match lists. The TREX full-text index does not conflict with any existing IBM FileNet Content Manager indexes and is under the control of SAP Enterprise Portal.
Flexible exposure of content meta-data: Even though SAP Content Manager has its own metadata base, all metadata controlled by IBM FileNet Content Manager can be exposed as well. You can configure it to expose either the IBM document/folder properties, system properties or both at the same time.
Single Sign On: Both SAP Enterprise Portal and IBM FileNet Content Manager have their own user database with appropriate access rights. To establish granular and complex security, each portal user can be mapped to a dedicated IBM FileNet Content Manager user. Once configured, the mapping is hidden from the portal user. The portal user does not need to log in to IBM FileNet Content Manager separately.
IBM FileNet Application Connectors for SAP provide numerous business benefits:
– Improves System Performance and reduces IT Costs. Offloading older data and documents from live SAP system for easy retrieval when
you need it reduces SAP database size and effectively increases overall SAP performance. It also reduces IT hardware and maintenance costs.
– Lowers Total Cost of Ownership. Minimizing SAP database growth by archiving documents that are no longer needed on a daily basis to FileNet P8 Content Manager effectively reduces TCO for SAP database disk space plus decreases cost for backup and restore.
– Improves document availability. Documents are scanned / captured electronically as soon as they come in, thus they are available to the organization instantly. This helps companies improve the efficiency of their internal business processes.
– Increases controls and efficiencies while reducing costly paper. Using document archiving provides the correct information to the right people at the appropriate times, without having to physically go look for it. An archive solution for SAP provides access and control to digitized business documents in a much more efficient way than storing those documents on paper. It reduces your paper costs but also reduces your administration effort while improving efficiency.
– Reduces risks regarding compliance. Archiving documents in a central repository allows your organization to address compliance requirements associated with electronic document retention regulations.
Download: Galantis – IBM FileNet – SAP Integration