GEMFrame is an application framework and toolkit for delivering business process automation solutions rapidly. It is a high-level integration toolkit for Business Process Management and Content Management products. Using GEMFrame, business analysts and architects are able to quickly develop working solutions to complex business problems with little or no programming.
GEMFrame provides an ergonomic and consistent web-based interface for end-users and powerful configuration tools for administrators. GEMFrame provides agility that allows our customers to quickly and cost-effectively react to changes in their business processes. GEMFrame thus becomes an Application Platform that builds on top of, and adds value to any enterprise Content Management and Business Process Management platform.
Advantages of GEMFrame
- GEMFrame is a highly configurable solution framework that usually does not require developer programming efforts for changing many aspects of functionality of a GEMFrame – based application. Significant portions of development for delivering and modifying out-of-the- box solutions can be accomplished using GEMFrame configuration tools with GUI.
- GEMFrame is a lightweight solution built using standard Java enterprise technologies. Applications built using GEMFrame run on any modern Java Application Server or Java Servlet/JSP server and on any operating system. No additional DBMS is required as GEMFrame uses the underlying content repository for storing everything. This makes installation and maintenance easier and dramatically lowers deployment costs.
- GEMFrame is a true cross-platform solution. The web user interface works with popular web browsers including Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Developed using Java technologies, it runs on any java-enabled platform.
- GEMFrame is independent of the Content Repository and/or Workflow Management System vendor. The system works with content and workflow data via a vendor-neutral API. The current version of GEMFrame includes support of FileNet P8 Content Engine and Process Engine, and an API for Java Content Repository (JCR) providers. JCR is a new standard (based on JSR 170) for accessing proprietary content repositories. Most large content management vendors plan to provide such connectors for their content repositories. GEMFrame already has the support of such repositories included. By customer request, GEMFrame can be packaged with Open Source content repository products.
- GEMFrame currently supports FileNet P8, Day CRX, Apache Jackrabbit and JBoss JBPM. Galantis would require approximately one month to provide support for an incremental content repository and approximately 1 ½ months to provide support for an incremental workflow system. If our currently supported connectivity options do not satisfy a customer’s requirements, we can provide support for other back-end systems.
- GEMFrame provides access for various kinds of distributed content using tools with a standardized look-and-feel. The Framework introduced and unique global searching capabilities across different content repositories.
- A multi-layered architecture with a rich services layer allows using GEMFrame business logic from any client application such as: Java Applications; Web Interfaces; Web Services; and Workflow Maps. Such architectural separation insures good testability (for unit tests). GEMFrame presentation logic contains only UI code, so the user web interface can be easily changed.
- GEMFrame allows multiple applications on a single server installation. This provides one entry point into different applications for both users and administrators. This option reduces maintenance and end-user training costs.
- GEMFrame utilizes a rich server-side event model and API for Plug-ins. When a business process requires sophisticated logic and complex in-process integration with 3rd party systems, GEMFrame provides technical means for such extensions. It is simple to enhance business process using GEMFrame plug-ins; segments of custom Java code that listen for events (onRoute, onBeforeSave, onOpen, etc.) and have control over case data and behavior. This approach is a good alternative to embedding complex integration logic into workflow. Galantis has previously developed a set of connectivity plug-ins for financial systems such as SAP, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, and JDEdwards.
- GEMFrame offers a customizable top-level layout. The end-user web UI consists of tiles. The layout an end-user can see depends on his role and personal settings.