The primary GEM/AP goal is Invoices processing automation that will:
- speed up and streamline the decision-making process;
- make the decision-making process transparent to all participants;
- secure the Invoice and all concurrent documents storage in a centralized data repository;
- simplify the document transition between all concerned parties tracking;
- provide participant notification on the necessity of making decisions on a Invoice.
GEM/AP can be used by all Account Payable Department employees involved in Invoice creation, preparing, scanning and approval process.
Case is an Invoice that can be registered, approved or rejected, sent for payment, terminated , and archived.
Active case is an Invoice not yet fully approved.
Case lifecycle is a time interval consisting of several consequent steps from case creation to its archiving.
Approval list is a list of persons to approve an Invoice..
Folder (inbox) contains links to all cases that meet certain criteria (e.g., all new cases or cases currently being approved by a certain user).
Case action – case registration, case approval, case approval cancellation, case rejection, case execution.
Browser is software that allows a user to view web pages, used to process and organize navigation between them.
Executor is a user that has enough rights to create a case and monitor it in its lifecycle.
Generalized business process can be described as flow chart diagram.
Generalized business process