3D models – possible options3D models provide accuracy range required by operators. Our own technological processes allow us to carry out all the client’s uncommon tasks. Availability of big amount of off-the-shelf models allows us to make rapid data supply for urgent projects realization.
Possessing more than 10 years of experience working on the telecommunication market, we always provides its clients with:
High quality and accuracy of provided data
Competitive and flexible prices
Preparation of model in any planning tool format
Support of all out-of-the-box orders
Careful following to all clients demands
Off-the-shelf data packages
Technical support and consultations before and after supply
Work with the clients on the case-by-case basis
Creation of models of any territories
Advantages of our technological processes:
We use the most actual satellite images with accuracy fitting to chosen type of model are used.
We exclude all the automatic procedures from the clutter and vector models producing processes for better accuracy and quality.
Before and after every stage of model producing we implemented complicated quality control, which provides maximum accuracy of data and provides on-time supply of the models.
Usage of own technological and manufacturing base allows to be flexible to all client’s demands.
Using own-created unique software, we can convert developed data to any planning tool format.
Possible options in 3D models development
Depending on client’s demands, we use different ways of 3D models development, which are resulting on the data accuracy.
MAIN OPTIONS OF 3D MODELS:
BASIC MODEL – is based on technology of processing of mono satellite images with accuracy 0.5-2.5m
STEREO MODEL –is based on technology of processing of satellite images stereo pairs with accuracy 0.5-1m
- Resolution (cell size): 5 m
- Vertical accuracy in terrain model: 3-5m
- Planimetric accuracy: 2-3m with GPS base points (without it – 5-7 m)
- Heights accuracy in building model: 5-7m
- Sources: satellite images with 0.5-1 m resolution
Obstacles heights are calculated, using measurements of shadows on the satellite images
- Resolution: 2 – 5 m
- Vertical accuracy in terrain model: 1-3 м
- Planimetric accuracy: 2-3m with GPS base points (without it – 5 m)
- Heights accuracy in building model: 2-3m
- Sources: stereo pairs of satellite images with 0.5-1 m resolution
Obstacles heights are derived from stereo pairs of high-resolution satellite images by stereo photogrammetric methods
Data sets samples
3D models features:
Two base technologies of 3D models preparation can be used separately as well as together, depending on client’s demands.
All works is being performed using our own technological and manufacturing base and it allows us to be flexible with clients and take in to account all his wishes, including limited budget.
STEREO MODELS – most accurate and completed models, as long as most expansive and complicated. They are used for WiMax and 3G/4G networks planning on the high-density build-up areas with any complexity of building and terrain.
- Because of high resolution (1-2m) stereo models reflecting all the terrain features with 90% accuracy.
- Stereo models are describing all the elements of urban infrastructure, which can impede to signal propagation: buildings, bridges, engineering objects, vegetation and other.
- High accuracy of all parameters and detailed object classification is provided by usage of satellite images stereo pairs with resolution 0.5-1m.
BASIC MODEL, according to our experience, is suitable for network deploying in cities with regular build-up area with not very high density. But in big cities, with rapidly developing infrastructure – more detailed refinement is required. Also, for the territories with highly complicated terrain standard approach to the basic models development – terrain contour lines digitizing using 1:10000/25000/50000 scale topographic maps – can appear to be deficient.
Combined approach to 3D models creation:
In this case we propose to combine BASIC and STEREO models advantages for most optimal price/quality ratio, using following procedures:
- Basic model is being created for main city area
- Complex engineering constructions – bridges, pipelines, overpasses, buildings with complex roofs are processed using satellite images stereopairs
- Terrain model is prepared, basing on the satellite images stereopairs Cartosat 1 (res. 2.5m), which allows to gain 3-5m vertical accuracy and to make detailed shapes of all artificial terrain objects (dams, bankings etc.).
This approach allows to
- Improve obstacles heights accuracy up to 4-5m, which results most on the signal propagation
- Improve terrain detailing and to improve heights accuracy in DTM up to 3-5m
- Considerably reduce model preparation term in comparison with Stereo model, because there is no need in direct photo shooting for high accuracy stereo pairs gaining
And with it, cost of such models is comparable to basic models costs and still much lower than cost of Stereo models
Usage of “additional model”
For both types of models we propose the Boundary Model. The main reasons to use this model are:
- Frame of model is usually created around the built-up areas, maximally repeating their contours. As a result, high-complicity polygon appears (see pic. 1)
- According to our clients feedbacks, network planning on the edges of such model can appear to be difficult. Smoothing model’s edges – makes model larger and its cost grows respectively. Meanwhile, creation of full-scale 3D model outside the built-up area is unreasonable because of low-density of buildings and obstacles in city vicinities.
- For network planning process improvement and for taking into account signal propagation on the edges of model, we propose Boundary Model of city vicinities around the frame of model polygon. (see pic. 2.)
Pre-design 3D modelsFor faster beginning of the network planning process we offers creation of Pre-design models:
During the first stage, models with low accuracy are supplied, but they, however, allow beginning general network planning process and they can be supplied very fast (during 3-4 weeks). In Pre-design models we use the information about number of storeys to calculate the building heights. In this case, vertical accuracy is about 10m. Later customer changes that data with Basic or Stereo model to make more accurate calculations. Pre-design models supply doesn’t affect on cost of project and its aim is only to allow customer begin planning process faster.